Friday, September 30, 2011

273/92

As of lately, I am spending more time playing with processing, editing my photos.  So, this week I decided to link up with Ashley's "Good to WOW", shoot and edit. The prompt this week ~ Fall.

While I am a summer girl and enjoy everything to do with the beach, the sand, the sound of the waves crashing on the shoreline and the feel of having skin to tight for your body after a day in the sun, I am trying to embrass this colder, dark season of Autumn.

I do like the feel of a good pair of comfy sweats and being able to put them on right when I get in from work and love the taste of freshly homemade, hot out of the pot, applesauce.  It doesn't mean I like Autumn. Really, does it need to get dark at 4:30?

We haven't had much of a color change here yet so shooting any of the Fall foliage is out of the question.   But we know Old Man Winter is coming as he continues to push and shove Lady Summer out of his way. There has been nothing but rain this last week and nothing but rain in the forecast for the next 4 days. This photo shows my mood and the feel of Autumn here.

SOOC, I have been using a wide angle filter, hence the dark circle around the photo.  I cropped and straightened, processed to HDR and smoothed.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is very good!! I love the colors that are now there that weren't very prominent before!!

Kristin said...

Now that is a great example of good to WOW! I never would have guess that your photos started out that way and that you did that much with processing. For some reason I thought you were shooting in an HDR mode. Have you ever considered doing a little tutorial on how to get this awesome HDR effect? I would love it if you would.

Ashley Sisk said...

That looks gorgeous - I'm loving your HDR processing...it's become one of my favorite ways to process too.

Gina Kleinworth said...

I absolutely love HDR processing. I try to capture at least one set a week to do this with- it always amazes me what it will create. LOVE this shot!

A Creative Grace said...

I love a bit of HDR, this one's amazing, the colours from the wood really come alive, great shot and processing :)

Cedar said...

Very dramatic! Quite an impressive improvement! Great job!

Gretchen said...

I like seeing the before of your HDR edits! I love what it does for the sky... I think that's where I like HDR the most!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference- I love to take a step back once in awhile to look at the before and after in a picture- really makes you appreciate the work that goes into it.
Thanks for reminding me about Good to Wow- I've linked up in the past, but had forgotten about it!

Jennifer Thompson said...

I love your take on the Fall Prompt. No changing leaves but, this photo just screams Fall!
Fantastic edit.

Anonymous said...

Wow indeed. That's a fantastic edit.

Unknown said...

Wow - that's really cool! I'm not sure what HDR is... will have to figure it out. ;)

Melinda said...

Really loved seeing the transformation! Good to WOW? Yep, definitely!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the fall...there's something so fantastic about curling up with a good book in bed or in front of a fireplace. Can't wait. :)