Wednesday, September 7, 2011

250/115

I have never been a huge fan of Autumn; it is my least favorite season of year. Oh sure, the fall foliage is breathtaking and the cooler weather is often a welcome relief from the sweltering heat and high humidity of summer.  But still I can not be convinced there is any good in it getting dark at 4:30 pm and that mentioned beauty the trees brings does not remain on their branches.  Hours need to be spent raking and bagging.  As far as I am concerned there is not much to like about Fall.

With Labor Day behind us, comes the beginning of school. Today was the day the buses were stopping at the corners and the children, filled with anticipation and with packs on their backs, boarded to be greeted by friends not seen since last school year. The beaches are empty of all sand kicking, water splashing, radio-blasting children. The next few weeks are the best of beach days!

With plans of enjoying the last of summer’s warming sunrays, I took a few days off, only to awaken to rain and plunging temperatures. All hopes of sitting in my beach chair, basking in the sun and enjoying the quiet disappeared.  But all was not lost; I did enjoy sleeping in, lunch out with B, a trip to the camera shop and a drive along the coast line.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love this image! The muted colors really give it that after the rain, calming feeling!!

Melinda said...

And you were rewarded by a great shot! Autumn is my favorite season- loved the leaf colors when I was growing up (but not so much in the bay area where I live now). Am wondering what I'll find to photograph now. . .

Jennifer Thompson said...

Nice capture, I love the water ripples!
I don't like the raking of leaves or the days being shorter either!

elizabeth said...

i love fall b/c it's a break from the heat -
hope your all well now after the storms - what did you purchase at the camera shop? anything fun?

Janell said...

wow the colors in this are amazing! Love the drama in the sky. I think you're the first person I know that doesn't like Fall! I actually miss Fall weather and dressing in scarves and sweaters! haha.

Gretchen said...

I must say... fall is my favorite, followed by spring. So many reasons. Love the sky in this shot. You almost make the grayness likeable... almost. =P