Saturday, September 3, 2011

246/119

This was waiting in my inbox this afternoon ~

"Dear Puppy Raisers,

It is never easy to get the email or call that your puppy is on the training list. A huge “thank you” goes out to you for all the time, patience, nurturing, exposure, dedication, and most of all, the love you have given to your pup as you helped it to develop into a confident, mature dog with a solid foundation.

I will start scheduling pups to come in for formal training beginning September 12. I have a few weeks to bring in all the pups in my area. It is preferred that the pup come in as soon as possible. I would like to schedule the following pups to come in together on the same day. Please see pairs below;

Rex & Roz
Robin & Shyla
Tootsie & Tori

Your pup will be picked up in the morning, Monday thru Thursday, no holidays.

I extend my heartfelt thanks for taking this special visitor into your home and your heart. Your kind act enables us to continue to accomplish The Seeing Eye’s mission: to assist people who are blind by enhancing their dignity, confidence, and independence through the use of a Seeing Eye dog, and giving them the ability to live their daily lives with a greater sense of freedom, mobility, and connection to the world around them."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful portrait of this beautiful animal.

Lisa and pups said...

My PIT Hosta goes in on Sept 12 too. Good luck to Shayla!

Michelle said...

I commend you for what you do with these dogs. You are truly blessing others through this. I hope training goes well for Shyla and she won't be scared.

L^2 said...

Best of luck to Shyla in formal training, and congrats to you on another job well done.

Anonymous said...

Awww :( I'm sorry to hear this. I know you were excited the date had gotten pushed back. Best of luck to Shy in the future though! Can't wait to meet puppy #14!

Gretchen said...

Bittersweet news! Good luck to Shyla... and thank you to you for all you do with these dogs!!

elizabeth said...

what a beautiful capture of Shyla- i don't know how you do it -
i would become too attached