Tuesday, November 8, 2011

312/53

As we journey farther and farther into the depths of the cold, dark months of winter, comes the annual turning back of the clocks. While we do get an extra hour in the day to do with what we wish, I do not care for the sun setting at 5:00. In past years I would just cave in, put my jammies on, in what seems like the middle of the afternoon, and mope about the house turning on all the lights.

This year I decided to take a different approach and try to embrace the day instead of dreading it. I called Phriend and as always she was ready for an adventure. With cameras packed, we crossed the bridge, parked ourselves in the sand and waited for the sun to set. I can now take comfort in knowing we are one day closer to Spring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, fabulous photograph, and a great approach to the winter days.

Anonymous said...

I love the starburst!!

Unknown said...

Love this! Especially since I don't get to see a lot of lighthouses in landlocked Colorado. :)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Very cool -- I guess I need to embrace it too. :)