Thursday, November 3, 2011

307/58

It is rare that B and I have an entire day off together. So when we do the promise has been made to do no housework, no yard work, no grocery shopping and paying the bills has to wait. He has become incredibly patience, although I do try not to over do it, and he is amazingly supportive of my photography hobby. To make the best of our day together, I generally plan a day trip to some new and hopefully interesting place.

We have both enjoyed venturing into these new areas and places, which we most likely would not have gone to if I wasn’t always on the quest to photograph something new. B enjoys reading about the history and keeps himself busy doing so while I snap away. When we arrive home as I up load and edit the photos, he shares what he has learned.

Yesterday, we visited Batso Village the former site of bog iron and glass making industry. It was right after the Revolutionary War that Village was built at the mouth of the Batso River. After the demise of the iron industry in 1855, Batso became famous for it’s production of window glass. It was long ago that it fell silent but with the help of historians was been restored and preserved.

The old Grist Mill ~ used for grinding corn into flour.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful old building.

Jennifer Thompson said...

I just love your edits and style!
I would so hang this beautiful photo on my wall, FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous building. I love the processing, it reminds me of an old rendering.

Unknown said...

I love that you two each find something that you like to do while you spend time together. And this photo is absolutely stunning! Looks like a postcard.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Love your framing and the house is absolutely perfect.

Ivanhoe said...

Beautiful. Just like from an old fairytale :)

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this picture- it looks like a watercolored etching- the colors are so soft but the blacks are so striking.