Tuesday, February 15, 2011

46/319

I like eating fruit and always enjoy a good orange. The key word being good. I find joy in while splitting the rind, the sweet juices of the delicious, brightly colored, fruit, spray out covering my hands. My mouth starts watering in anticipation. It is worth the chore of uncovering my sweet treat. I will most likely be enjoying it with a piping hot cuppa of Earl Grey tea.

However, there is nothing more disappointing, then breaking the rind and not a drop of juice sprays. And after spending several minutes and burning several calories peeling back the skin only to find dried up pulp covered in a thick transparent layer of chewy stuff.

This is why, when reaching out for my next snack, I am always happy to choose a Hershey bar. It is consistently the same sweet, smooth, chocolate, delight. I never have to guess what I will find under the brown wrapper, I am never left disappointed and can still enjoy it with my Earl Grey.



Go join in @ Marco Monday

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you tell me that your not good with words? You have me craving an orange now!
Great picture and I'm loving your new watermark!

Janell said...

LOVE the watermark! and the description of the orange and the picture of it! well done.

Unknown said...

I love your story! And your photo! And I admit to feeling the same way sometimes.

Gretchen said...

LOL!! Love this... the picture, your words... all of it! I can't tell if I want an orange or a chocolate now...

Anonymous said...

I love the juicy details in this image!

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot n description. It made me smile.

Karen said...

Oh yummy, I love a good orange. This is a terrific shot, even it the orange wasn't juicy.

Leovi said...

Great macro, I feel like eating it.

Kim, USA said...

I so wanted to take a photo like this. This is great! Happy Valentines day!
Macro Monday

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Great shot-- I love this! I can almost SMELL it!

Kerstin said...

Love it, it looks so juicy. Great shot.

http://www.kerstinsfoto.se

Sue McPeak said...

Chocolate or Orange with Earl Grey Tea....that's the ticket! Great photo! Thanks for visiting CITExas Gal for Macro Monday!

Amanda said...

That orange looks delicious!!

Vicki said...

I couldn't agree with you more... go for the chocolate! Although that orange looks super yummy!

Anonymous said...

What a cool photo. I love it.

Unknown said...

Amen, sister! The shot is sooo edible! Like the cropping!

Photography said...

LOVE love love oranges :-)

Kara said...

SO pretty! What lens did you use?

Trisha said...

I think chocolate & tea go best together, not to be outdone by tea & toast. Either way, I like your macro orange. It looks pretty juicy, eh?

Martha said...

hahaha this is awesome!

Karin said...

This is a beautiful, simple picture, Trish!