Friday, February 18, 2011

49/316

join I Learned @ Click it Up

 
Back in November, I learned of Phriend’s interest in photograph. After discussing our quest to improve our skills, we decided to plan a day trip to a local historical site. Aside from having a great time exploring the area, we learned a great deal from each other. I didn’t know the green light flashed when the subject was in focus, she didn’t know how to read for the correct manual settings. Little did we know what our first photography outing would lead to.

Since that day in November, we have been venturing out, weekly, both near and far. We have been out on a freezing cold December evening, standing by the ocean, while the frigid winds blew over us, just so we could practice starbursts. She has since mastered them, I still stink at them. We were out during the “Great Blizzard of 2011”, along with several other snow storms. We’ve gotten up at the crack of dawn, just to get some foggy photos. We have stood out, on the boardwalk, in the pouring rain, all with hopes of capturing a different look of our favorite Ferris wheel. We’ve climbed in snow banks, rolled in freshly fallen snow, stood in ankle deep mud, got drenched to the bone in the rain, slipped and slid on the ice, and one day during a strong wind storm Phriend was nearly blown into the freezing cold bay. But mostly we have had lots of laughs.

I learned I can talk this girl into almost anything. I learned it is much more fun to out in all kinds of nasty weather when a phriend is with you, and hopefully, but not as importantly, I hope I have learned to improve my photographs.

12 comments:

Sarah P. said...

These are fun. I love seeing action shots like this. And you're right, it's much more fun shooting with someone else.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I also have a phriend- my college roommate, who I recently connected with. I love your collage!

Courtney Slazinik said...

First off, you have definitely improved your photos!! I love that you guys have each other and you have been able to take pictures of each other at work! Love the collage! I recognize that umbrella!! You guys are lucky to have each other and you continue to inspire me!

Unknown said...

So great to find a phriend! Great shots of each other and I like the collage!

Unknown said...

So much fun! A friend of mine and I are planning to go out on photo field trips soon. We've already started a list of places we'd like to go. Now to just find the time to get there! :)

Martha said...

Aw, this is sweet! It's fun making new friends that share your interests. I like how the collage sums up all of your crazy escapades.

Photography said...

Nice collage. Nice to see the action behind the shots!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying remembering all these "incidents"...What were we thinking?
So where are we going next week? :)

Gretchen said...

Such a great post... love the collage! Phriend's really do help make learning more fun! Looking forward to "going along" with you two on your future adventures!

Carlynn said...

What a joy to have found someone to go on adventures with all in the name of photography and now friendship. Great collage.

Michelle said...

What fun to have a good friend to go on photo adventures with. I'm hoping my daughter will stay interested, so we can do that, too. Love this post...just by looking at the collage, makes me want to visit all those places.

Kara said...

LOVE! This is an awesome collage..