Saturday, February 12, 2011

43/322

B has been immensely supportive and extremely patient with me while I undertake Project 365. Rarely does he see me without a camera in my hand, around my neck, pointing one at his face or packing it up for the ready to go.

Today we had the day off together, the first in several weeks. I decided to start ♥ Valentine’s weekend by giving him the gift of my full attention and a full view of my face. We went for an afternoon drive, ending up at Cracker Barrel for lunch and with tempertures finally above freezing, we strolled around The Promenade, home of our local LL Bean store.

Since the project started, today is the first day I have not taken a photo. Yes, not even one. Hence this was taken on a previous day. Admittedly, I am going through withdrawal. Do you think he’ll notice if I sleep with my camera under my pillow tonight?

ISO1600, f/13, 1/40

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! Hope you don't get a "crick in your neck!" I had one day this week that I did not take a photo. It felt very strange...Interesting shot with all the lines!

Catherine said...

I know I will eventually succumb to a cell phone photo shot on the day that I can't take one with my camera! (Came close this week, too!).

Michelle said...

Lol. Yeah, he'll notice it under your pillow. ;) It sounds like a wonderful day.

Great picture...it has a hint of mystery.

Amanda said...

That must have been tough :) But what a nice gift to give the man you love!

Anonymous said...

I hope he appreciates what you went through for him yesterday! To quote you- there is life on the other side of the lens!

Mira Crisp said...

interesting composition! I admire you, I could not do a 365days project. :)
Mira

Chelsea said...

Ha ha, I love it! You are too funny...but good for you in letting go, if only for a little while! I love the fog and the feel of the shot!

Courtney Slazinik said...

That is such a sweet "gift" for him. I'm sure my husband would love a day like that as well :O)

Unknown said...

Love this photo! And your story! It feels strange when I don't have my camera with me also.

Kristin said...

Maybe we need to start an C.A. club for times like this when we just need to put the camera down and see life through our eyes and not through our lens. My favorite part of you story was when you said you'd give B a full view of your face for a day...that was too funny! BTW, I don't mind that you posted an older photo because it's a very cool shot.

Photography said...

I like this. Has a different feel to it - can't just pin point it though :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the feel of this photo. Very cool.