Thursday, February 24, 2011

55/310

Last year when I purchase my DSLR, it came with 2 kit lens, a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm. While these lens have functioned well and fit many of my photography needs, I found I was forever changing between the two. Jokingly, I call B my “camera boy”. He, ungrudgingly, would carry and hand the lenses off to me as needed. Phriend even made me a fabulous lens bag to carry them so they were both at the ready. During my 50 + years and as a general rule, I don’t find I envy others.

Recently, after Phriend purchased a 28-300mm, I got a major case of the “I wants, I need to haves”. This lens covers most of the range I shot in and as an added bonus it ups to 300mm!

After pining for sometime and doing much investigating, Phriend and I went to our favorite camera shop. There sitting in the show case was this “must have“. I touched it, played with it, took several photos with it and drooled all over it. I treated myself to it! In celebration, Phriend and I just had to get out. Luckly for me I found this roller blader out practicing his skill too.

13 comments:

Carlynn said...

Love the this shot.

Anonymous said...

After drooling over it, they sure as heck didn't want it back- you had no other choice than to buy it!

In all seriousness- this picture is AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

Love this shot!

I can so relate to having a case of the wants/needs. A nice gentleman at one of my daughter's basketball games had a Nikon D3100 with a 28-300mm lens on it. And he let me hold it and play with it a little. Not a good thing. I keep telling my husband "I neeeeeeeeed a stronger zoom lens!" Which, of course, is silly. I don't "need" one; I want one. Bad. {sigh}

:)

Catherine said...

Very cool shot! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love this one!

Chelsea said...

Yes, I completely hear ya. I have a 'I want' myself! Glad you were able to pull yourself away after touching it!! ;) Great silhouette!!

Gretchen said...

Great shot! Way to go on treating yourself to a new toy!

Karin said...

FANTASTIC silhouette!

elizabeth said...

wow - love this photo - great job

Janell said...

that's awesome, good for you! I have serious envy with all things photography. great action shot!

Daniele Valois said...

LOVE!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

I love all your recent shots - especially this skateboarder! WOW! That's a great one! So cool!

Photography said...

Great silhouette!