Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32/333

Last month I entered a photo contest at a local nearby winery. I won a bottle of wine and a gift certificate to their B&B. I had not had a chance to retrieve my winnings until the other evening. Being this winery holds a monthly photo contest, I called phriend and, as always, she was happy to go. With camera gear in tow we took the drive out, spending an hour or so out in the snow covered vineyard, photographing this and that. Phriend even made a little snowman, using dried grapes, pieces of grape vines and leaves for all the essential snowman parts. When our toes could take no more of the cold and our fingers were too frozen to press the shutter release, we heading inside to warm up by the roaring fire. We stayed until dark.  On our way out phriend spent a few last minutes taking some awesome night shots full of starbursts. I think she took this months winner.

ISO 400, f/9, 1/100

20 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job...I like the contrast of this short that suggests the harshness of a cold winter day!

Liz said...

this is a different and way cool shot.

Kara said...

This is super cool! I love it! Looks like a heart. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice! I LOVE your twisty tendril.

Photography said...

Awesome :-)

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

very cool shot

Maaike said...

a great shape
nice capture

Hootin Anni said...

Wow.....I'm impressed!!! Congratulations on the win. With this photo, I can see that you deserve the prize.


My Newest Watercolor Painting

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/halloween-moon-in-february.html

Have a super day!!

Unknown said...

Love the small heart in this! Great shot! And congratulations!

Trisha said...

This is simple & beautiful. It looks like a heart in the center.

Anonymous said...

That is really cool, I like photos of abstract things.

Chelsea said...

I agree with everyone! This is a really great shot!

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot!

Dana said...

I have to disagree- with Valentines Day coming up yours is a surefire winner. It almost looks like a little angel with a heart shaped body.

Kim, USA said...

Very creative!
Reb Bulb

Janell said...

I love the simple creativity. Congrats on the win!

Laura said...

beautiful macro... I love the way the line just does it's own little dance:)

Kala said...

I love the twists and turns!

Courtney said...

Looking forward to hear if you hold on to your title :O)

Vicki said...

Congratulations on the photo contest... very nice photo! That's so great that you have a "phriend" to go out and shoot with!