Thursday, February 17, 2011

48/317

The weather has been teasing us. We know winter is not gone, in fact, some of our biggest and worst snow storms have taken place during the month of March. However, Old Man Winter has taken a nap and the last several days have been well above freezing. A mere taste of Spring. A reminder of what is to come. The warming rays were just begging me to come outside and kick start my bones into the defrost mode.

With Shyla still not home and Murf resting his leg, Willow has had plenty of time to build up a bundle of winter time energy. Today was the perfect day to get her out to try and run some of it off. You ask, “did it work?”. I answer, “not so much.”

14 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love the focus (both in the DOF and her eyes) ;)...she's a beauty!

Gretchen said...

You have such beautiful dogs... and you capture them so wonderfully! I'm sorry it didn't work.

Unknown said...

She is so pretty! Great picture!

We're warmer here too but still plenty of snow on the ground. Every time my dog goes out, she rolls around in the snow. It cracks me up!

Kara said...

Beautiful dog, perfect pic!

Amanda said...

Bundle of energy, huh? My brother's black lab is exactly the same way. Nothing wears him out! Love this shot!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

beautiful dog

Anonymous said...

"Hmmm..I think I smell something nasty over there that I can eat..."

Photography said...

I love her black shiny coat. Nice profile.

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Oh wow! I just took a peek around your blog; your pictures are FANTASTIC! This picture of your dog - lovely! She really pops from the background, the clarity is beautiful. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment.
Happy Thursday! :-)

Janell said...

I love your pictures of the dogs; I can't wait till we have a place that we can finally get a dog. They are such great companions.

Courtney Slazinik said...

Love the new watermark! Great capture of your sweet dog!! How is Murph doing??

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Beautiful photo of a beautiful dog!

Michelle said...

I love how you captured her looking behind her. Your photos always seem to tell a story all on their own.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo; great composition, beautiful dog.