Sunday, February 6, 2011

37/328

Some days I take my camera out with the intent of taking the great photo I have created in my mind. I spend time trying to recreate the scene, adjust my settings and find just the right light. I’ll take a hundred or so photographs, upload, and view. Then wonder if my camera was even in the same room as I was. The photos look nothing like what I had hope to create. What a disappointment.

Today was a dark, dreary, on and off rainy day. Phriend and I had the itch to get out and play. Lucky, I was out of work early and there was still some day light left. We could hear the boardwalk calling out to us. Approaching the bridge to the Island brought us into a dense thick fog. Twice in one week ~ jackpot!

After navigating our way down the boards and through the amusement rides, we decided to warm up and entered the arcade. Oh, what fun we had, bright lights, a carousel, fun mirrors and Elvis. We were in photographers heaven. I, luckly, was able to capture a great series of photos.

I know the 365 rule is to post a photo taken on the day of posting. This week I am planning on being a rule breaker and will post several over the week. Starting with …

ISO 1600, f/13, 1/125

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! My boys would LOVE this!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! This is awesome. The fog makes it look like some old movie with T-Rex and Godzilla about ready to attack a poor little town!! Are you sure you're not a cinematographer?

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Very cool shot - love that wheel in the background and the whole fog scene. Just great!

Jennifer said...

This is awesome! I love this! I can't wait to see the other pictures you post.

Monique said...

I like breaking rules and I am glad you broke some! This photo is way too cool, I love the dreamy-like quality to it contrasted with the fun-like atmosphere - really, really nice capture!

Photography said...

Kinda eerie like out of a movie :-) Like it!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Love that T-Rex.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites from last night!

Janell said...

I think this picture looks really cool with the dino and the fog. I hate when something I envisioned doesn't come out. But looks like you got some really cool shots!

Gretchen said...

So Jurassic Park! I think you got it just right!