Thursday, July 14, 2011

196/169

Last evening was hot and sticky.  The boardwalk was beckoning B and I to come for late night walk. The boards were a buzz with summertime visitors, strolling around, eating ice cream, spinning the wheels of chance, and enjoying the stomach turning amusement rides.

I have been wanting to attempt some slow shutter speed shots of the swirling and turning rides. B held me by my shoulders, acting as a tripod helping to steady me. I set my camera to several different speeds ranging between 1/6 and 2 secs. Just as this gyrating machine started to reach it’s highest speed and I could hear the screams of fear and delight, I snapped.

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

That looks so cool!

Heidi said...

Awesome capture. I really appreciate how difficult it is to get the correct shutter speed on these kinds of shots! Great job!

Gretchen said...

Well done!! It looks awesome... and hand holding that long... WOW!! =)

Chelsea said...

This is fantastic! I love your angle too!!

Melinda said...

Wow! That is a fabulous shot- and hard to achieve! I thought it was the underside of a beach umbrella at first. I really like how you framed it as well. Nicely done!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

I loooooove this! I'm counting the days to our county and state fair (yes, seriously)...just for the pictures. Beautiful shot! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! (And add "tripod boy" to B's list of duties)
I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to come with me to Seaside Saturday night to try this- but you beat me to the punch!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I can't wait for our local fair to come so I can try this!

Sarah P. said...

I love this shot. I'm really loving nighttime photography and this is awesome. The lights against the dark of the night, just perfect.