Tuesday, July 26, 2011

207/158

There is a story to go along with today’s photo. It involves two women with what they thought was a really good idea and ends with two women with blistered feet from burning hot sand. It includes two sun burnt bodies and four incredible tried legs from a three mile (unexpected) walk in fore mentioned burning hot sand.

When Phriend and I discussed capturing our lighthouse from an angle not often seen, we should have taken this as some sort of sign. What were we thinking!



Inspire Me Photography

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And burnt I am!
It was all worth it- we got some really unique shots-- I love the foreground in this one, something you wouldn't have been able to get otherwise!

John-Roy Photography said...

We learn from our mistakes and that makes us better photographers. The good thing is you listened to your inner voice. She knew there was going to be a great photo and there was.

Melinda said...

Love the point of view on this!

Gretchen said...

This is a great shot!! Love everything about it! (Oh... btw, I've been to that Smithville Mill too. LOVE Smithville. We get up that way every now and again to visit family... so peaceful there! AND my mill picture... processed using The Coffee Shop Blogs Golden Vintage action... I'm playing with PSE! Though I really have not much of a clue what I'm doing, but I like that action.)

elizabeth said...

I love this capture with the lighthouse in the back round and you make me laugh with your description!!! Hope your felling better by now.

Kara said...

beautiful! it's so soft and relaxing to look at.

Unknown said...

It is a lovely photo though!

Jaime said...

Love your angle on this...agree with Kara.

Tracey Washington said...

Beautiful week! Thanks for linking up this week :)