Wednesday, May 25, 2011

146/219

I missed a day. Oh no, I missed a day of posting. I can assure you, I did not miss a day of photography. Quite the contrary, I took many, many photos. B and I had a few days off and decided a much needed vacation was in order. We packed our bags, I grab my camera and we drove south to Chincoteague VA, home of the feral ponies. Have you read “Misty of Chincoteague”? The popular children’s book.

More on the trip later, first things first. On the morning of our departure, we released our five painted lady butterflies. They had been successful in completing the metaphoric transformation from caterpillar to butterfly. This one was a bit hesitant to leave the place it had called home.

5 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I just love butterflies! My son's second grade class just raised Painted Ladies and set them free recently. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Monarchs so we can raise more this year. (We successfully raised 34 butterflies last summer). We saw our first Monarch a couple days ago, so hopefully there will be hungry caterpillars living in my house soon!

Sarah P. said...

Great capture. Love all of the detail.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and colorful!

Catherine said...

Beautiful butterfly. Looks like an unusual one to my untrained eye.