Tuesday, May 3, 2011

123/242

The Spring migration is only a few weeks away. This morning I went to the refuge to see if there were any early arrivals. There were not and I will have to wait a week or two before this stopping ground becomes a furry of feathered friends. I did have the pleasure of witnessing a Bald Eagle having breakfast. However, he didn't get the memo informing him, I only have a 300mm. Perhaps next time he would be kind enough to carry the fish over a little closer, which would enable me to get some better shots, or perhaps I should just rent the 500mm.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot. You'd think those wild animals would be more considerate! LOL

Teresa

Jennifer Thompson said...

Such a beautiful bird! Do you see them often where you are?

Anonymous said...

Its still an amazing shot- 500 or no 500! But I'm going to be "bad influence" Dana for a minute and say rent it!! You can use it to scout birds, and I can use it to scout for you-know-who...

Chelsea said...

Oh, great shot, despite the memo holdup! I love it!

Janell said...

WOW! I would be amazed to see one of those birds myself. You still got in pretty good with the 300. HOw do you like that lens? I have a hard time with mine, so i never use it. :(

Gretchen said...

I only have 250mm here. I feel for you... BUT it is still a great shot... such an amazing bird!

Melinda said...

Wonderful shot! I love your nature photography. My only eagle shot- well, it came out just a little black and white blurry blob. I didn't have my 300mm- just the kit lens....

Karin said...

It is AWESOME that you saw a bald eagle!

Unknown said...

Darn inconsiderate bird! :)

So cool to see a bald eagle! Do you see them often where you live? I've never seen one in person.

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

I think this is so cool! I have never seen a bald eagle in person.