Sunday, May 1, 2011

121/244

B was out for the evening, which left me home alone and we all know what that can lead to. . . a text to Phriend, cameras in tow and a ride over to my favorite boardwalk. We were hoping the piers would be open and the amusement rides would be showing their full rainbow of colors, but it is still a little to early in the season. Those photos will have to wait. Instead, we practiced some panning. I have tried this before and found it to be one of the most difficult photograph challenges yet. We spent about 30 minutes taking many photos, all while the carousel went round and round and up and down. I still have much practicing to do before perfecting this skill. I found this was the best of the bunch.

7 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

I think you nailed it here!
Love it!

Catherine said...

Good job! I have not practiced this much at all -- and should do so!

Karin said...

I think you did a great job tracking these horses, Trish! I'm new to the panning-effect, too, so I don't have any helpful tips for you.

Anonymous said...

And you forgot another "success" from the evening- you didn't get sea sick watching the carousel go round and round up and down...lol.

I'd say you nailed the panning though! I can't wait until the lights are on the rides!

Gretchen said...

I think this looks GREAT! I'd say you've got the panning business down pretty well! =D

Michelle said...

Panning is very hard to do...you did it well. The subject is nice and clear and the background shows motion. Good job, Trish!

Sarah P. said...

Great job on panning! I've been wanting to try it but not yet. You did it well.