Thursday, July 19, 2012

201/164 + 1

Last week a phriend and I made plans to meet up at “my” Osprey nest. Sunrise came early on this hot summer morning. Barely taking the time to brush my teeth, I grabbed my camera and ran out the door.

Upon arrival Papa could be seen flying over head with a fish in his talons. He flew to the nest and would land for only a moment before taking off again. This was the first time I had seen this behavior. We realized he was taunting his offspring to come chase him for their meal. They met his challenge and with all the awkwardness of a toddler learning to walk, they took off for the skies.
   

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Excellent photo!

Ivanhoe said...

He's so handsome! I love the water in the background. Did you get to shoot the babies?

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

We saw some osprey on vacation, but I couldn't get through the brambles and wetlands to get a close up. That's when I'd love a 400 or 600!