Thursday, June 30, 2011

182/183

~ just having some mimosa marco fun ~

I have always liked marco photography and back at the beginning of the month I took the leap and purchased a 60mm, f/2 marco. I love, sleep with it under my pillow, really like it! I wanted a f/2 to allow for the fabulous blurred background. Only problem is when I open up to f/2 and get inches away from my subject, the result is a pinhole size focal point and many photos looking completely out of focus.

The other night, I happened upon the neon pink, soft feather like blooms of a mimosa tree. I switched to the new marco lens and in force of habit opened up to f/2. When I reviewed my photos I was very disappointed, all the shots, while looking quite interesting, were a blurred mess. So last evening after work I went back to the scene of the crime. I closed down to f/9 and like magic I captured the effect I had in my mind.

So this month I Clicked it Up a Notch by closing it down!




17 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Neat looking flower!
Love the bokeh too.

Karen said...

It looks like fireworks! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic selective focus and bokeh.

Anonymous said...

You should have saved it for the 4th of July-- looks like fireworks!

LivingFree said...

Very, pretty!

Carmen said...

This is gorgeous! Now I will need to research what a mimosa tree looks like :)

Carrie said...

It does look like fireworks! Very cool photo.

Sara said...

Spectacular shot! Love the colours!

Courtney said...

Wow!! This is amazing Trish!! I love the colors and the clarity but still the nice blurry background!!! Here is an awesome tutorial my friend Megan wrote about how she shoots with her macro. You were spot on with the f/9!! http://www.clickinmoms.com/blog/?p=3810

Gretchen said...

Great shot! Love the colors!! =)

Michelle said...

I'm loving your new macro lens as well. Your pictures are breathtaking!

Sarah P. said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

That's a neat shot! I had no idea what this was and was compelled to come have a look!

Catherine said...

I agree it looks like fireworks or fiber optics!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Stunning photo.

Kara said...

nice work! this is so interesting..love it.