Friday, June 17, 2011

169/196

I have been obsessing over wanting a marco lens for awhile now, probably two years. Just ask anyone I know. After looking around, I narrowed it down to the Tamron 60mm, f/2. Monday evening I have had the opportunity to play around with one and knew it had to be mine. Today I made the purchase and ventured over to my favorite place.

I had a little run in with some barnacles last year and I can tell you it is not a battle any human or living creature is likely to win. They are razor sharp and cut you up like a paper shredder. Here’s a closer look at these little, seemingly harmless, beasts from the sea.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic picture-- congratulations again!
(And go "uncross" off that "obsessed with"....embrace the obsession!)

Jennifer Thompson said...

Congrats on your new lens!
I can't wait to see what you can do with that!

Gretchen said...

Congrats!! Very nice! I'm quite jealous... but I'll enjoy seeing your macro shots until I can get my own! =D

Unknown said...

Wonderful photo! Congrats on finally snagging a macro lens. I bought some macro filters to hold me over, but I'm sure they are not the same. :)

Anonymous said...

Great Shot!

Janell said...

Oh wow congrats on the lens! Great pic!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new lens. I'm so excited for you. You're going to have so much fun with it!

Sarah P. said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! Congrats on the new lens...so fun to have a new toy to play with, isn't it?

Chelsea said...

Such a neat shot! I love the detail...congrats on your new lens!!

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Loving the new lens, amazing capture.

elizabeth said...

I take it someone loves their new lens - I know I love the captures!! Great DOF here!