Tuesday, August 30, 2011

242/123

Now with Irene in the rear view mirror, the news reports continue to come in. I watch in shock and awe being reminded if not for the pure luck it could have been my area. My heart goes out to those who are now suffering at the loss of life and all belongings. There is wide spread flooding which is worsening by the minute, rivers and creeks have not yet crested.  Whole towns are still without power and word is it could takes weeks to restore. The forecasts had predicted major flooding along the shoreline. We were spared and most of my hometown is now with electric again. We didn't go without flooding and damage, just the majority occurred in the northern and inland parts of the state. I can’t tell you how very thankful I am.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad to hear you encountered minimal damage. Nice photo. It really re-creates that stormy feeling.

Gretchen said...

Love this shot... love that playground. Funny in a sad sort of way that it's now surrounded in water.

elizabeth said...

This photo has so much emotion
I love it
Glad you are safe
I think the east coast pissed off the weather gods last week
First earthquake then Irene

Jaime said...

Love this...gives a great perspective.