Sunday, August 21, 2011

233/132

This arachnid has been enjoying his summer at our home. Each evening as dark falls he quitely appears at our back door and with each sunrise he and his web are gone.  It has B and I pondering.  Can he fold it up like a pop tent?  Pulling in each corner and folding it up for the next days use.  We have affectionately dubbed it his “Winnebego Web” as it comes and goes as easily as he does, plus it has the added convenience of catching dinner while all he has to do is hang around.

3 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

That's interesting, Trish. We've had banana spiders that disappear and reappear, but I figured the birds were getting them. If you solve the mystery. Let us know.

Anonymous said...

The lighting on this is amazing! (Ya know- for the 3.2 seconds I looked at it before I quickly scrolled down so I wouldn't see it on my screen...lol)

Karin said...

What a stunning color! I've wondered this same thing about spiders when they break down their webs.