Sunday, August 7, 2011

219/146

One of my favorite beaches to frequent is Island Beach State Park. It is one of the few remaining undeveloped barrier islands along the Atlantic coast. Besides having some the most gorgeous, sugar sand beaches and rolling waves, it is home to an abundance of wildlife. Often while “renewing my spirit” I have the joy of watching dolphin playing and feeding in the waves, pelican scoop for a meal and Osprey fly over with the catch of the day. There is a large number of red fox who call this 10 mile island home but they are true to their character and shy from people. This evening not only did we see several but luck be with me, I had my camera.

5 comments:

Linda said...

This is a wonderful shot!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

What a wonderful opportunity to see this. I can only dream. Great photo. Sinbad's tail is much like the fox.

Gretchen said...

Wow!! That's a great capture... and I love that he's not a scraggly looking fox! If I see them around here they look not so pretty! Wonderful capture!!

Anonymous said...

National Geographic, here you come! lol. Its so hard to believe that they live on IBSP!

Michelle said...

Beautiful shot, Trish. I love how you caught him looking off into the distance. My other favorites while I was away are your black eyed susans, the hot air balloons, Day 211!!!, osprey, and the slow shutter speed photo of the ferris wheel.