Saturday, June 30, 2012

183/182 + 1

We're at the half way point of 365/Year II. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far.

B and I are celebrating the July 4th holiday with several days off from work. Day 1 was spent taking a three hour nap, a long evening walk down the boardwalk and pizza at the Sawmill. As an added bonus, I left my camera at home so I could devote my attention solely on my husband. I did see a Cedar Wax Wing on the dunes, a stray cat playing in the beach plums and the Magic Men, all would have made for interesting shots.  But thankful for the time with B.

Day 2 ~ B and I spent 5 hours with our butts in our beach chairs listening to the sound of the surf pound the shoreland, while soaking up some summer time sun rays. This evening it's dinner at Longhorns and a relaxing hour in the hot tub with a pina coloda in our hands. I could so retire and spend each day like this!!

Oh, this is a female redwing black bird. I am not very good at identifing the small brown birds and was very surprise to find out the species of this little one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Sometimes you just have to do that. Interesting about the red wing black birds. Looks so different than the male.

TheChieftess said...

Trust me...retirement does not look like that every day...the big difference, is it's your choice when it does!!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Now I'm really in the mood for vacation. We leave for the beach tomorrow and I'm looking forward to sleeping late, soaking us sunsets, and eating. :) Lovely shot.