Monday, June 18, 2012

171/194 + 1

Today was one of the days I have hoped for; the sun was shining, the air was still and I had an hour of extra time. After a long day at work, I went to my favorite spot on the bay to “renew my spirit”.

With my camera in hand, I headed off to the Osprey nest. Mama; although, not happy I was there and keeping an intense stare on me, remained upright in the nest. This, despite the fact I was beyond her comfort zone. Walking around the corner of the small peninsula, I could see Papa perched on his chair with a freshly caught meal. I snapped off a few shots and continued to walk closer. He remained on his chair. As I very slowly walked on, much to my surprise, he stayed in place.

I sat in the sand and snapped off a series of shots. Testing my luck, and scooting along on my bottom until I was within 25 feet of this awesome avian, I shot rapid-fire not wanting to miss a moment of this once in a lifetime, opportunity. 524 photos later . . .

3 comments:

TheChieftess said...

I cracked up at the last line..."524 photos later..."

I know your process!!! Been there...done that!!!

Great photo! Bet you had some other great ones too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Great shot! Love the eye. Have been looking at the baby in the nest on the cam. Can't wait to see them up close and personal!

Ivanhoe said...

Hahaha! That reminds me of myself :) One great one is better then nothing.
Hugs from Ohio,
I.