Sunday, January 8, 2012

8/357 + 1

Phriend Noir ~

As the year was ending, Phriend and I discussed how pleased we both were with the process we had made through the year, how we were glad we had successful completed Project 365 and how we were thrilled to have participated but were glad it was done. Well, by the end of the first day of the new year, we had both decided to continue on with Project 365 +1.

It has been a very long time since we have had the chance to get out on a photo adventure. Today with the weather, once again feeling more like Spring than Winter, we traveled to a boardwalk at the southern end of the state. One we don’t often visit. One which would offer new photo opportunities.

This year I am hoping to learn more about and practice more portrait photography. Phriend was gracious enough to be my model while I practice several more “film noir” images.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see what you find to photograph this next year.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

While I am finally making headway into the world of black & white you are way beyond into another whole realm. Wonderful FX.

Anonymous said...

The camera is warmed up, I've got my leopard print heels ready (in theory..haha). Bring on year two!

I just love the pictures you did of me-- fantastic job!!

Ivanhoe said...

Nice! Wish I had a model. My hubby refuses :) At least I have the doggies...

Gretchen said...

This looks like it could be used in an ad or something. Very cool! My only models are lil' ones... and they don't stay still very long!! Have fun practicing portraits.

Melinda said...

I love this photo! Phriend makes a great model! This is such a creative shot- the pose, angle, HDR- wonderful!