Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3/362+1

I really hadn’t planned on participating in another Project 365. However, I continue to take photos and I do enjoy posting, sharing them and visiting other blogs and phriends. I’ve joined several flickr groups and have been inspired to continue to improve my photography and editing skills. And besides, what fun is a photo if no one else sees it but me? So, without any promises not to miss a day or two, I continue on with Project 365 + 1 (it’s leap year).

A recent prompt from a flickr group was "out with the old". I chose to photograph my 1920 (s) Eastman Kodak camera in the foreground of a photo of my Great Grandmother, my Nana and 2 of my uncles, which was most likely taken with a similar camera.

9 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

Cool idea, Trish!
I do not quite want to commit to a big project like that, but may pick some weekly meme to play regularly.

Jennifer Thompson said...

I love your take on the theme!
Gorgeous camera!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Just do what you want to do and never let it get in the way of having fun doing it. I gave my wife a camera just like that for her birthday.

Carrie said...

So glad you'll continue! Great idea for a photo of the camera.

elizabeth said...

I love this one!

Anonymous said...

Heh- even though we both said we're not doing another 365, we can't stay away, can we? lol.

LOVE your new camera! What a fun prop and beautiful photograph!

Melinda said...

Fantastic shot- love that camera! And I'm soooooo glad you are continuing on with your wonderful blog! I debated about changing it up, doing a Project 52, but feel I still need to have the discipline of coming up with something every day. Anyway- love the photo!

Jaime said...

Great way to capture the theme! And how cool is that camera!


Curious ~ which Flickr groups have you joined? I won't be doing a 365 this year, but am always looking for themes to improve my photography.

Michelle said...

Good for you, Trish, for doing it again.

And what a perfect way to capture that theme---cool old camera, too!