Saturday, January 7, 2012

7/358 +1

Since Murf’s accident last year, I hesitate to take him for walks. At his 12 years of age I can’t risk him re-injuring his badly damaged knee. I fear it would not heal leaving him incapacitated. But with inactivity, signs of boredom and depression are setting in.

This winter has been unusually warm, with the exception of a few frigid days this past week. The cold days left us wanting to stay in by the fire and resulted in Murphy and I are both suffering from cabin fever. Today I decided we needed a walk in the fields. He is unaccustomed to the restraints of a leash, while being in the 600 acre woods, and begged to run, gallop and jump. His requests went unanswered.

Knowing his days are fewer with each passing day, I brought my camera along to capture the delight the open air bring to his face.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Aw. :( He sure is beautiful dog though! ...still with the heart of a puppy.

Anonymous said...

He looks so happy to be out and about! And it was such a gorgeous day to do so!

Gretchen said...

This posts makes me smile and breaks my heart all at the same time. =\

Carrie said...

Makes me so sad. Absolutely beautiful.

Ivanhoe said...

Awww... What a pretty face. Big hugs!!!