Tuesday, December 13, 2011

347/18

On our travels to New York today, I dragged B into Macy’s. I wanted to see the real Santa! I have a long list to give him and I need to make sure to get it to him in time! We took the express elevator to the 8th floor and walked down the long corridor to Santa Land. A hum of energy came from the line of excited young children who wrapped around the corners as far as one could see. They could barely stand still. We anticipated waiting for well over an hour opting, instead, for the “peek line” (a back door past the village). There sat Santa in his golden throne-like chair, surrounded by children. My heart raced at the site of him. After being filled with the Christmas spirit, we walked outside and around the building to see their legendary winter display windows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only been to the city once for Christmas, but I do remover the Macy's Santa really putting me in the Christmas spirit! It's so festive in there and you would never believe that all the hustle and bustle of the city is just a few steps away.