Wednesday, December 7, 2011

341/24

This is the extent of my Christmas decorating this year, well and the wreath on my front door. I made the decision to forego the tree and lights, the bells and whistles, the glitter and the sparkle. Don’t get me wrong; I am not being a Scrooge, and I am not in a ba-hum-bug mood. Actually, it is the exact opposite. In recent years, after going back to work full time, I found the stress of having to decorate, shop, wrap, and bake bring about less holiday enjoyment. By the time Christmas day arrived I would be frazzled to the point of simply wishing the day was over. This year, I made the decision to just enjoy the holiday season for what it is, a chance to dream of the day there may be peace on earth and begin by having peace in my heart and in my house.

4 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

Ha! I did not do anything either. I have three angels on my dining room table. That's it :)
That's a pretty fella!

Anonymous said...

We have no decorations up either- you're not alone! We put a string of lights around the door, and my mom put out some garland inside the house- no tree yet here either!

Jennifer Thompson said...

You make a great point, I'm stressed already!

Jaime said...

Again love the light in this!