Friday, December 2, 2011

336/29

As of late, I have found I am losing inspiration and creativity. I was in a slump and needed to find something to give me a bit of a push to help me to continue. Frankly, I am quite surprised this hadn’t happened earlier in the year. Heck, there is only one month to go and I could just take a month of anything photographs just to finish, however I started the project with the intent and hope of improving and not just settling on any old shot.

Hopping around blogs and looking through flickr I came across a group of photographers who come up with a daily challenge. For the last two weeks I have been participating in the challenge. It has made me dig deep in my noncreative mind and into the bottom of my camera bag. A few days ago, I even pulled out my old friend, my 60mm marco. I had forgotten just how much fun we can have together.

One of the topics this week ~ fence.

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm with you on the slump... I've been in it off and on for a couple of weeks though. I like the fence. I took a couple fence shots today too... still jealous of you marco lens... yes, bring it out to play more!! =D

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I think I need to reacquaint myself with macro friend also. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the slump-- I get home when it's dark out and I want to do nothing but put my pj's on and get in bed!
I do love the repetitive lines in this picture- I'm glad your 60mm got some love!

Ivanhoe said...

Love it! You sure are creative, Trish. Thinking about getting a new (used)camera. I've always had Nikons. I'm thinking about D60. What do you think?

elizabeth said...

How are you- I get in a slump myself - looking forward to "playing" around with my camera again- its gonna be along month though!

Kristin said...

Sounds like we're all in the same boat. I too am suffering from slumpitis. I feel like my photos are just snapshots these days, but I have to admit, the project has made me feel much more comfortable taking my snapshots. I'm glad you've found a way to spark your creativity and finish out the year on a more positive, creative note.

John-Roy Photography said...

This is just awesome!

Kateri said...

That is beautiful. I initially thought it was a a necklace or something similar when I first looked at it.