Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

As a Mother's Day gift to Mom and me, my Dad didn't even make an attempt to cook. He took us out to breakfast instead. Mom and I were thankful. The pancakes were wonderful and when we could eat no more, we went for a nice walk, or at this point it was more of a waddle, along the boardwalk. After filling my belly and getting a breath of fresh air, I could feel my eyes becoming heavy with the need for a nap. And because today is Mother's Day, nap I did!

It appears we weren't the only mama's out for breakfast and a stroll. And if anyone was in need of a nap, this feathered mom certainly deserves one. I'm hoping you all had an enjoyable day!


6 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Sounds like a great morning. I just love your pictures of the water and boardwalks.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Debbie ~ thanks I love living at "down the shore", and until I started taking lots of photos I forgot just how pretty it is here. Hope your day was wonderful!

Janet said...

what a beautiful boardwalk! Glad you have fun.

Stacey Olson said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day.. Happy Mothers day to you.. The poor duck looks overly blessed LOL>. thanks I tried to nap today too.. but my 16yr old was driving so I think it was more like a nightmare.. Have a great week

Rhea said...

Awww! Love the ducks and ducklings. Adorable!!! Sounds like a nice mother's day.

Aisha said...

You have really beautiful photos in your website!