Saturday, January 29, 2011

29/336

If, at anytime this last month, you have stopped by my little cyber place, you have most likely read my rantings about the cold freezing cold, snowy weather we have been having here. In fact, we have had 7 major snow storms in the last 28 days and we are expecting another storm tonight, lasting into tomorrow. For all my whining and complaining, there is an upside.
All this snow has made my place of work, very slow. As a result, we are often asked to cut hours. I am generally the first to jump up and down while yelling pick me, pick me! When I am the chosen one, I can be seen skipping out from my work area and out the front door. I am a blur of joy!
Such was the scene yesterday. It turned out to be a fabulous day. I was able to get home in time to help my husband dig out friends of ours, we went to lunch and headed out to the fields to give the puppies a much needed run. We all had a blast. Then came the text from my phriend (her new name as she is my great photo friend). Her evening class had been cancelled! We quickly packed our camera gear and drove to a winery, which, by the way, is having a monthly photo contest. How wonderful!
Does it get better than this? An unexpected day off, time spent with my husband and puppies, and an evening filled with photo fun with a phriend.
I Learned ~ to stop complaining about all this darn snow and embraces the benefits it brings.

Murphy waiting for us.
The crazy girls.

16 comments:

Janell said...

I always love photos of your dogs; you capture them so well!

Vicki said...

Oh, it does look cold there! I'm a little tired of the snow myself but we had more snow last night and woke up to some beautiful scenery this morning!

Janell said...

I always like seeing photos of your dogs. and I also like your lesson learned this week!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...phriend...I love it!

I don't think we complained last night! And just think- today is 50 days until spring!

Unknown said...

I love all the contrast in the photo with Murphy! Great pics - thanks for posting!

Gretchen said...

Such beautiful dogs! We just got our first snow... and now I'm good. I feel for you and all your snow, but glad you have embraced the good side of it! =D

Amanda said...

Dogs in snow! They have so much fun. Great captures. Love the one of him waiting. My dogs do a lot of that ;)

Jennifer said...

Great shots! I hope you enjoyed your time off. :)

Kara said...

aww LOVE the dog photos! So cute!

Chelsea said...

Your dogs are the cutest (next to mine, of course!!) ;). I love seeing their pure excitement, great shots!!

Carlynn said...

The puppies look like they're loving their romp in the snow. Great action shot.

Cathy said...

As a contrast we are having our first really warm days this summer lol
Loved the photos of the dogs - first one looks ready for anything and the other are just enjoying being together.
Cathy

Marie said...

Your photos are just lovely -- the dogs look like they are having a blast!

We've been having a lot more snow and cold this year as well -- more then usual. I must admit that I've been whining quite a bit about it -- sigh. But it does make things look rather pretty for a while :-)

Visiting via Camera Critters

Marie
bonkersinbarnhart.com

Willard said...

Beautiful photos. I especially like the colors and pose in the first one.

Trisha said...

Love seeing your dogs & I love that you have a phriend! haha Phriends are awesome.

Courtney said...

These are wonderful! I think that is a fabulous lesson you learned! Way to look positively at all the cold! I can't pick a favorite between the two! So glad you have a "phriend"! Aren't they the best! I love having someone to go out and shoot with :O)