Tuesday, April 5, 2011

95/270

His bright yellow color attracted me to him. After noticing his frontal horns and watching his blues fins pulse in the water which made him appear to be hovering,  I was really taken in. I watched him for awhile, and might add, took no less than 50 photos of him. This “longhorn cowfish” was living in a tank labeled poison fish. I had not seen anything like him before. I did a “google” search and found, when stressed it can exude deadly toxin and is capable of hovering. This cowfish is a very slow swimmer making it easily caught by hand and will make a grunning noise if taken from the water.  I could have watch him for hours. The photo is pretty much true to his size.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow- fascinating! I have never seen one before! Love those blue fins!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I also have never seen one before!

Kara said...

He's amazing! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Awesome colors- I didn't even realize he had blue fins until you mentioned it

Chelsea said...

WOW, you captured this perfectly! Great contrast, great colors, great clarity and sharpness...just everything!!

Sarah P. said...

Beautiful shot! I love watching fish...it's so peaceful.

Karin said...

So interesting! I've never seen anything like it, either.

I like the picture - I feel like I'm in the water with him when looking at it.

Gretchen said...

I can see why you were drawn to him. Definitely an interesting looking guy!

hipchicagomom said...

How can something so ugly be so beautiful at the same time? GREAT capture!