Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Magic Man:

In case you haven’t taken notice, I enjoy living down the shore. I love the beach, the feel of the soft, white sand between my toes, the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the shoreline, and the heat of the sun baking my bones. There is nothing that renews my spirit like an hour or two or three in a high back, low to the sand beach chair, no book, no Ipod, just me and my chair.
After a day on the sand soaking in the sun, at the point when my skin feels too tight for my body, a long walk on the boardwalk is the perfect way to end the day. As I walk the pier I can hear the sounds of children, young and old, screaming with delight (or fear) as their bodies are tossed and turned about. And often I will come across the Magic Man. He never creases to amaze me with his tricks and never leaves me without a smile.

4 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

I went to grad school in Delaware and spent many a summer day just like you described. There's something so wonderful about tapping into the energy or a surging sea, and the human culture that goes along with it is just great.

kjpweb said...

Wonderfully described! You got talent, girl!
Cheers, Klaus

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Really? You love the beach? I never noticed. :)

I like to visit on vacation, but I can't stand all that sand all the time!

Janet said...

I love his tats!